To support the school's mission to nurture a well-rounded child and to encourage each student to achieve his or her full intellectual and personal potential, we offer a variety of extracurricular, after-school classes in two extension sessions per school year. The classes we offer are chosen to appeal to a broad spectrum of interests. Some are taught by Curtis School employees; others by third-party contractors. All classes meet on campus.
- Classes: Extension sessions include choices for students in all grades (DK-6). Some classes are open to all students; others are limited to a range of grades. Some classes limit enrollment and others have a minimum enrollment requirement. You will find these details in the class description. Any class that does not meet a minimum threshold enrollment level will be canceled and parents/guardians will receive a refund of fees paid.
- Schedule: Extension classes meet from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., rain or shine. Class meetings that fall on a holiday or a Faculty Workshop Day will be rescheduled. If a class session is canceled for any reason, you will be notified.
- Extension Procedures: At carpool dismissal time, extension students will meet at the lunch area adjacent to the playground. From 3:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. snacks will be provided, and at 3:30 p.m. all students will be escorted to the campus location designated for their class.
- Pick-Up: Extension classes end at 4:30 p.m. All extension students who are not picked up by 5:00 p.m. will be signed into Day Care and parents will be billed according to the current Day Care fee schedule. Please refer to the 2019-2020 Curtis School Parent and Student Handbook, section XII After-School Programs, for a statement of school policy.
- Fees & Payment: Because instructors base curriculum materials upon initial enrollment, there will be no refunds after the first class meeting. Proration of class fees is not offered for late enrollment. To register and pay online, use the Payment Form in the right panel. If you would like to pay by check, please complete the online registration and select check as your form of payment to save a spot for your child, which you can then submit separately along with the brochure for reference to Christine Sorfazian in the Facilities Office. If you want to pay by credit card, please sign up online.
If you have any questions about classes or about general policies and procedures, please contact the Facilities Administrative Assistant and Extension Coordinator.