Our math program equips student with the knowledge and habits of mind to appreciate and harness the power of mathematics.
Our math program equips student with the knowledge and habits of mind to appreciate and harness the power of mathematics. We believe that each student is a mathematician. Through the teaching and learning of mathematics, students develop not just a skill set but also habits of mind that promote resilience, flexibility, confidence, optimism and open-mindedness. At every grade level, DK through 6th, we want our students to stay curious about the behaviors of numbers, shapes and logic. Students are encouraged and supported to approach mathematical tasks in multiple ways and methods, to clearly articulate and communicate their strategy, and to engage in an inquiry stance of learning and questioning.Essential Questions
- Why is Mathematics relevant?
- Where is the beauty in mathematics?
- How can we represent our mathematical thinking?
- Students will play with numbers to create various models and representations for solving a problem.
- Students will recognize and value the ability to communicate multiple ways in which to solve a problem.
- Students will apply mathematical concepts in their everyday lives and find enjoyment in doing so.