Description of Position
Curtis School is excited to announce an opportunity to join our unique organization as a Database Manager in the Advancement Office.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual who is looking to join a team-oriented, inclusive and professional learning community as an integral member of our team. Curtis School is a DK-6th grade elementary school, whose mission is “to develop, in every child, a sound mind in a sound body governed by a compassionate heart.” We hope to hear from you if this description resonates with your interests and goals.
The Director of Advancement
This Advancement Office position is responsible for the following:
- Maintains the school’s Raiser’s Edge alumni and development database. Coordinates with all-school registrar to perform Raiser’s Edge database maintenance, global updates, and integration with School Student Information System on a regular basis.
- Performs data entry to ensure that accurate, updated, and relevant information on donors, parents, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents, foundations, and other Curtis constituents is maintained.
- Processes, records, and acknowledges all gifts, pledges and pledge payments to the school. Ensures timely entry of all gifts into Raiser’s Edge and prompt delivery of acknowledgment letters and tax receipts to donors. Generates, schedules, and mails pledge reminders to donors.
- Designs and implements database queries in response to requests for information providing timely and accurate records, reports, and lists. Provides updated reports on gifts, pledges, progress towards fundraising goals, and other financial data as requested either through regularly scheduled updates or upon request.
- Develops and produces mailing lists and labels, donor recognition lists, data files, prospective donor lists, and other information using Raiser’s Edge reporting tools for the Annual Fund, Campaigns, and other mailings.
- Effectively utilizes Raiser’s Edge, Crystal Reports, Excel, Word and other software programs to capture, retrieve, calculate and report data or manage fundraising lists.
- Prepares the donor recognition lists for the school’s annual report.
- Serves as the school’s Raiser’s Edge liaison with the technology department, business office, and with Blackbaud and other related software vendors.
- Works with technology support staff and business office to oversee online giving link on Curtis website which includes coordinating contract with online provider and processing credit card gifts received online and by mail.
- Ensures confidentiality of Raiser’s Edge data including addresses and donor records.
- Develops and implements a plan to improve the integrity of the database, particularly information on alumni.
- Conducts research as requested.
- Minimum 3 years of strong administrative experience in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding computer skills including data entry, database management, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Be available to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of school events and programs
- Experience in special events, fundraising or public relations preferred but not required
- Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge) database experience required
Curtis School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status or any other legally protected status in its employment practices. Curtis School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
About Curtis School
Curtis School is an independent, DK-6th grade coeducational day school established in 1925. The school is located on a spacious 27-acre campus in the Mulholland Corridor of the Santa Monica Mountains. Curtis School is accredited by both the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The school has two DK classrooms, three classrooms in each of Grades K-2, four classrooms in each of Grades 3-5, and five home-base classrooms in Grade 6. Our learning community consists of 490 students and 68 faculty members. Please visit our website to learn more about us (www.curtisschoool.org).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume and a cover letter to Corinne Schulman, Director of Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org
and Nancy Orr, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com