Recent Speaker Series guests and topics have included the following:
- Screening of the award-winning film "Screenagers," followed by a panel discussion including Common Sense Media and moderated by educational consultant Dr. Derrick Gay. The PA’s Parent Enrichment Committee and the Parents Group on Inclusivity (PGI) teamed up to host this event focused on technology, the impact of the digital age on children and how to help families minimize harmful effects and find balance.
- Ron Lieber, New York Times "Money" columnist and and author of The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart about Money: How, when and why to talk to your kids about money.
- Elissa Goodman, nutritionalist, health lifestyle expert, and cancer survivor and author of Cancer Hacks, discussed her mission to educate and encourage, healthy, mindful living and help others embrace the concept that we are a product of what we eat and how we treat ourselves.
- Alison Park, of Blink Consulting: Tools for adults and children to aid us in becoming a more inclusive community and to develop competency in dealing with issues around socioeconomic and cultural diversity that arise within our school.
- Susan Kaiser Greenland, author of The Mindful Child: How to use mindfulness to help manage stress in our lives and those of our children and become happier, more confident and compassionate people.
- Yalda T. Uhls, child development expert and author of Screens and Children: Separating the Facts from Fear: How to guide children to make responsible media choices.